Home >> Software
You have the right to use and share this software without cost. For more information, see our software license and copyright.
Our activities take advantage of several freely available system components: Java, Quicktime for Java, and Macromedia Flash.
The primary engine of most of these models is the Molecular Workbench.
Below you will find:
- a summary of what needs to be installed
- a way to test for installed system components
- and some simple installation instructions for these components
For computers with one user
|For computers with multiple users
(ex. a computer in a lab)
You may have some of the above software already installed on your machine. To test for Java (with Java Web Start), and Quicktime for Java, press the button below.
A window should appear similar to the image shown here, indicating that Java Webstart works, your Java version is OK, Quicktime for Java is installed, and Quicktime is Enabled to play Flash media.
|If the "Webstart Works!" window appears, and all messages are green, then you only need to install the PedagogicaActivities folder. Below are installation instructions for this and other necessary components. Once all installations are complete you are ready to launch activities from the database.|
- Java version 1.4.2 or later
- For PC: Install the latest version of Java from Sun.
- For Mac: Use the "Software Update" feature of OS X to update the Java version.
- Quicktime for Java
- For PC*: Download the Quicktime installer and run it: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/win.html
- For Mac: Use the "Software Update" feature of OS X to update Quicktime.
- Click this after installing the latest Quicktime --> Enable Quicktime for Flash, and check your installation.
- Molecular Workbench
- For PC and Mac: Right-click (or control-click on a Mac) the following link to download MW.jnlp. Double-click on this file to launch the Molecular Workbench. The first time you double-click on this file it will be installed. Future clicking on this file will check for updates and launch Molecular Workbench.(Check out a web site specifically dedicated to the use of this as a standalone application)
- For PC and Mac: Download and unzip PedInstallFull.zip (38 MB) . Then follow the "Read Me" instructions found inside.
After doing the above installations, you should be ready to launch activities from the database. If you have any installation problems or questions, see our detailed software overview and installation notes, or contact Dan Damelin.
Last Update: 12/03/2015
Maintainer: CC Web Team (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Document Options: Text-only / Accessible Version | Printable Version | E-mail this Page
Copyright © 2018, The Concord Consortium.
All rights reserved.
These materials are based upon work supported
by the National Science Foundation under grant numbers
9980620, ESI-0242701 and EIA-0219345
Any opinions, findings, and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this
material are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect
the views of the National Science Foundation.